Medical Malpractice – Intraoperative airway fire in trachea

$6.9 Million Settlement

Back To All Results

Our client, a 34-year-old computer technician and part-time singer in a band, underwent a routine laser procedure to remove vocal cord polyps. During the procedure, the doctors failed to adequately remove oxygen from the operative field, which allowed a spark from the laser to ignite an “airway fire” in the client’s throat and lungs. He suffered extensive burns throughout his entire trachea, and into his lungs, resulting in the loss of his ability to speak.