Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents
Slip, trip, and fall accidents injure hundreds of New Yorkers every year. They can happen to anyone at any age, occurring at home, work, or simply when out running errands. While some injuries sustained from these types of accidents are only damaging to someone’s pride, others can have traumatic and even permanently disabling consequences.
At the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP, we understand the complexity of these types of personal injuries and how quickly they can alter a person’s life. Our experienced team works with you every step of the way to help determine the cause of your accident and the extent of your injuries in order to ensure you receive appropriate compensation to pay for all damages sustained in your case.
Falls Can Happy Anywhere
Anyone can be a victim of a slip, trip or fall accident. Some common locations where these accidents occur include:
- Restaurants: Customers may easily fall due to liquid or food spills, clutter, decorative features, or be injured from crowded seating arrangements.
- Worksites/Offices: Every work environment can be dangerous if not properly maintained. Most work falls occur when employees slip and fall on wet or slick floors.
- Hotels and Motels: Faulty elevators or stairs, poorly kept recreational rooms (pool, gym, or other), food and drink spills, and overall slippery floors can all pose a risk of injury to people staying for the night.
- Retail Stores: Stores can often have crowded displays, blocked aisle ways, slippery wet floors and other unmarked hazards that can injure customers.
- Assisted Living Homes: Establishments designed for the elderly, who are already at a higher risk of falling, sometimes neglect to prepare for falls or properly monitor residents who are at risk for falling.
- Entertainment Vendors: Arenas, stadiums, and theaters all pose risk to visitors in multiple different ways: escalators, elevators, stairways, ramps, crowds, bleachers, and slippery surfaces are all possible risk factors for injuries.
- Private Residences: A number of neglected home improvements can cause injuries to visitors. Broken railings and steps, clutter, and uneven landscaping are big culprits for accidents.
You should never wait to contact an attorney because you feel guilty about filing a lawsuit after your injury. Property owners and businesses should have liability insurance to cover accidents that happen on their premises and the compensation we seek comes from the insurance companies, not out of your neighbor’s pocket. Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys know how to negotiate with the insurance companies to seek the full policy claim you deserve after an accident to help you cover the financial gaps experienced during your recovery.
Property Owners Have a Responsibility
When property owners neglect to maintain their roads and sidewalks, slip, trip, and fall accidents can skyrocket. Common hazards leading to walking accidents include:
- damaged steps or uneven stairways
- stairways with no railings or handrails
- uneven pavement and cracked sidewalks
- wet, slippery floors
- improper removal of ice and snow
- parking lot hazards
These are just a few of the dangerous conditions known for resulting in injuries such as fractures, strains and sprains, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and other impact injuries. These can have serious implications on an individual’s life, including physical pain, loss of wages from missed days of work, expensive medical bills and years of appointments throughout the recovery process.
Do You Have A Claim?
If you have been injured in a slip, trip or fall accident, determining if you have a case is the first step in establishing if you are eligible for compensation. The following must be true of your accident in order to file a successful claim:
- You had a legal right to be on the property you were injured on.
- Your injury was caused by a fall on someone else’s property.
- The property owner neglected their responsibilities to maintain a safe property for you.
- You experienced pain and suffering from the injury sustained from your accident due to negligence.
During a free consultation, we can help you sort through the details of your accident that would help prove you were not at fault for your injuries. Our team will get to work right away in gathering any additional evidence to help support your claim to successfully achieve the best possible outcome during your time of need.
We Seek Justice For Your Fall
All owners, tenants and managers of a property have the responsibility to provide a clear and safe surface for pedestrians to walk. We know proving liability in these types of cases can be tricky, especially in a city as active as New York. That’s why it’s so important to call an attorney who specializes in personal injuries as soon as your accident occurs.
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing you a timely result, working efficiently from intake to gather all pertinent evidence needed to maximize your chances of a successful outcome. Contact the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro today for a free consultation to review your case and explore your options to seek fair compensation for your injuries.