Motor Vehicle Accidents
Our roads are getting more dangerous to drive on by the day. At least 40,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accidents every year, and more than 3 million people suffer minor to severe injuries. It only takes looking away from the road for a second for a driver to lose control of a vehicle – the same amount of time it takes for you to sustain a serious injury from the crash.
We Are Here For You After A Crash
Injuries from motor vehicle accidents can range from broken bones and deep lacerations to disabling spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries. Aside from a possibly painful and lengthy recovery process, victims of motor vehicle accidents take on the additional financial burdens of medical bills, loss of wages and vehicle damages that can also lead to additional emotional and psychological stress.
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP is here to provide legal support and guidance in your time of need. Our knowledgeable team of personal injury attorneys has been fighting for the rights of motor vehicle accident victims in New York and on Long Island for over 30 years. Attorneys at our firm are highly qualified in these types of personal injury cases, with a standing reputation for securing significant compensation to cover the multitude of damages suffered by our clients.
Know Your Rights After A Crash
Unfortunately, as our culture sees an increase in distracted, drowsy, and impaired driving, vehicle accidents causing unnecessary injuries to others on the road will continue to occur. Individuals who sustain injuries in vehicle accidents due to the negligence of other drivers should know they have rights. Our firm supports accident victims in a variety of different motor vehicle claims:
- Car Accidents: Accidents involving passenger vehicles are often caused by drivers using poor judgment for a number of reasons: distracted, drowsy, impaired by drugs and/or alcohol, naturally aggressive behind the wheel, affected by road rage, or unaware or unwilling to follow basic traffic laws.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are often injured when cars fail to look or leave room for them on the road. These injuries are often catastrophic in nature and can lead to life-changing outcomes.
- Truck Accidents: Large trucks and tractor-trailers are the biggest monsters on the road. Trucking accidents cause horrifying accidents with their massive size and weight.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists are often struck during left-hand turns or when there is no properly marked bike lane on the road. Cars forget to look for bikes, which often causes serious injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians have the right of way on the road but cars do not always see them. With a lack of any protection, pedestrian injuries are often permanent or fatal.
- Bus, Taxi, and Ride Hailing Accidents: These alternate methods of transportation are often dangerous, and can cause injuries to passengers or other cars around them when driving aggressively or negligently.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorists Accidents: We’ll help guide you through the process of filing these important claims to ensure you are financially covered for all damage and injuries sustained.
- Wrongful Death Claims: In the case of an unexpected fatality caused by a motor vehicle accident our team can guide you through the legal options for protecting your rights and interests.
The financial costs of motor vehicle accidents can stack up against you quickly after an accident, particularly if you require a great deal of medical attention for your injuries. Proving liability and negligence in motor vehicles accidents can sometimes be complicated and time consuming. In these types of cases, it’s critical to choose a law firm with experience in motor vehicle injury cases to ensure you have a highly qualified and dedicated team fighting for your rights through aggressive and effective litigation practices.
What To Do After An Accident
As soon as you are healthy and able, contact our team at Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro for support with your personal injury case. We will guide you through the process by interviewing witnesses, consulting with experts, reconstructing accident details, and preserving reports and physical evidence to help determine liability that will award you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to learn more about what our firm can do for you.